Sponsored by Tanaka Farms and OCO 's Helping Farms Feeding Families Program
Volunteers needed for Farm Work/Gleaning Opportunities at Tanaka Farms:
Gleaning is the process of picking or gathering of vegetables in the field when there is an abundance of a crop. The vegetables picked by volunteer gleaners will go to families in need connected with the food pantries at South County Outreach and Families Forward in Irvine. Volunteers are needed to help weed, glean, wash and perform other various farm chores.
- Limited to 15 volunteers per gleaning date.
- Every child 16 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Gleaning will last about 2 hours.
- Closed toed shoes are required. Be prepared to get dirty and muddy!
- Everyone must pre-register.
- Click on the preferred date below
Sorry, currently there are no gleaning work dates.